If you are a frequent traveler using the services of American Airlines, then you might like to get your own American Airline credit card. You could earn air miles every time you travel as well as avail of their great offers.
However, before applying for this charge card, you might like to know more about it first. So, here are five of the most important things that you need to know about the American Airline credit card:
1. It provides a deferred payment options with its Fly Now, Pay Later program.
This offer lets you buy airline tickets on AA.com using your charge card without having to pay for them within six months time. No interest will also be charged on these purchases within that period. However, this option can only be availed if you use your American Airline account and buy the tickets from the website.
2. It also offers a deferred payment scheme even if you do not purchase your American Airline tickets from the airline’s site.
Purchasing tickets from travel agencies using your airline charge plate will also entitle you to a 90-day no payment and no interest scheme.
3. You can also get deferred payments for other purchases aside from tickets.
You could also avail of the 90-day no payment and no interest option if you will get upgrades with AAdvantage and for memberships at the Admirals Club. You could even include your checked bag charges under this payment scheme.
4. You can purchase tickets from other airline companies using the American Airline credit card as long as they are in AA.com or issued by a travel agent for the airline.
When you buy tickets using the credit account of American Airline, you can have flights offered by other airlines in your itinerary as long as they are operated by the airline’s one world partners. This is because the airline is still authorized to issue such tickets, which also bears AA flight numbers. However, the airline’s account could not be used for any travel that comes with a ticket issued by another airline.
5. Residents from the 50 states of the US as well as the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico are qualified to avail of this account.
If you live in one of the 50 states of the US, all you have to do is apply for the credit card on the airline’s site. If you come from the US Virgin Islands or from Puerto Rico, you can download either the English or Spanish language credit application from the site as well.