In other words- weâ€™re big poker fans around here and canâ€™t seem to get enough of it.Â We joke all the time about pooling our poker gangâ€™s money together for a couple years in order to send one of us to the World Series of Poker sometime – but then we get into a fight over who’s the best player and most deserving to go so of course, we don’t do anything about it.
I was pretty surprised to find a credit card with a rewards program that earns you points towards the WSOP buy-in!Â What will FIA Card Services, the issuer of the Visa card, come up with next?Â The World Series of Poker Visa Card with WorldPoints Rewards has got to be the coolest rewards credit card out there- at least in the eyes of poker players dreaming of playing in the â€œmajor leagueâ€ of poker games!
Here’s how the WorldPoints Rewards program of the World Series of Poker Visa Card can buy you into the WSOP:
- First- you pay no annual fee (so you save cash over cards that do charge you!)
- You earn a point for every dollar you spend with your card
- Start out with 12 billing cycles of 0% APR on both new purchases (what a way to stock up on points right away!) and balance transfers
- Points are redeemed towards the cost of WSOP buy-ins
- Points can also be redeemed for travel (to get you to the WSOP or elsewhere), unlimited cash back and even brand name merchandise purchases
The APR on purchases and balance transfers beyond the introductory period is decent- but will depend on your credit history.Â The higher your credit, the lower your APR, so you can get an APR as low as 9.9%; or as high as 15.99%.One negative on this card is that the points you earn expire in 5 years.Â So basically, if you dream of playing in the World Series of Poker, you want to make that a reality 5 years from the date you get your WSOP Visa Card, use those points to get there or to help pay your buy in, and win big!